BELLVUE, CO – In an abundance of caution, the Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department (RCVFD) 2020 Mountain Festival, originally planned for Saturday, September 12, 2020, has been cancelled. “We would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support during previous years and look forward to our being together in September 2021,” said RCVFD Chief Jeff Elsner. “We are proud to annually provide an event for the entire family, so we want to ensure we can do that without putting our guests or volunteers at risk.” The 2021 RCVFD Mountain Festival is planned for Saturday, September 11, 2021.
In the meantime, as we approach the 2020 fire season, we encourage everyone to be Fire Wise. Whether you live in the mountains or come to visit, awareness is the key factor. Be aware of the current fire conditions as last winter’s high moisture will result in more fast burning fuels. Know the rules of the high country, as making your time here safe and enjoyable is a paramount priority. Tips on how to be Fire Wise, and information about RCVFD, are available at https://www.rcvfd.org.
The Mountain Festival is an important source of support for the RCVFD. Especially given we are canceling the 2020 Festival, if you would like to provide support these are ways you can help.
- Take five minutes to select the Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department as your designated charity associated with your King Soopers Rewards Card. Your fuel points and rewards are unaffected while the Department receives a generous 5 percent from all your purchases at King Soopers. If you don’t already have a free Rewards Card, request one from a cashier or at the service desk. Once that is done go towww.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards. Click on the link to enroll to set up an account or sign in if you already have one. Click “Community Rewards” from the list on the left, use the “Find an Organization” box, enter our NPO number UP687, and click search. It will verify you have selected the RCVFD, then click “Enroll.” Each time you shop at King Soopers and enter your Rewards Card identification the Fire Department receives 5 percent of your total purchase while at the same time you receive Rewards Card savings on items including gasoline.
- smile.amazon.com is the same Amazon you know with the added benefit of 5 percent of AmazonSmile purchases being donated to the charitable organization of your choice. Just go towww.smile.amazon.com or if you have an account sign in. Select Rist Canyon VFD as the charity you would like to give to, bookmark this website, and use it for all you Amazon purchases.
- The Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department also is registered with the Colorado Gives Program. Donating is easy through http://coloradogives.org/RiseCanyonVolunteerFireDepartment.
- Lastly, donations may be sent directly to the Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department through Post Office Box 2, Bellvue, CO 80512.
“We want to wish everyone good health and safety through this unprecedented crisis,” said Chief Elsner]. “We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2021 RCVFD Mountain Festival on Saturday, September 11, 2021!”
For additional information please contact the Festival Coordinator, H.J. Siegel:email@example.com
Prepared by Karen Salaz and H.J. Siegel
Rist Canyon Mountain Festival is the annual fundraiser for the Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department. This one-day event features live entertainment, silent auction, book & plant sales, kid’s activities, free admission, free parking, free ice cream and so much more!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR 2019 SILENT AUCTION PAGE!
Take a look below to see the mountains of fun from past festivals.
Explore below to see what the festival has to offer!
For additional information about festival activities & information, please contact the following:
• Craft & Vendor Booths: Contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nonprofit Booths: Contact Angie at email@example.com
• Live Entertainment: Contact Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Book Tent: Contact Carolyn at email@example.com
• Kids Activities: Contact Trisha at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Plant Sale: Contact Eve at email@example.com
• Silent Auction: Contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bake Sale: Contact Lisa at email@example.com
• Food Trucks: Contact Bridget at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Corporate Sponsorships: Contact Taylor at taylor@thecreativehubLR.com
• Social Media/Website: Contact Taylor at taylor@thecreativehubLR.com
All other questions: Contact HJ at HJ@computer.org
The Mountain Festival is at Mile Marker 12 in Rist Canyon, right across the street from the Fire Station. Only 15 minutes west of Vern’s!
Funds raised from the Mountain Festival are vital for the financial operations of the all-volunteer, 100% donation based fire department. RCVFD provides fire, medical, and emergency services to over 100 square miles. Tax-deductible donations can be sent to RCVFD Treasurer, PO Box 2, Bellvue, CO 80512, or made by PayPal at www.RCVFD.org/donate. Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department is a 501(c)(3) organization, and is also a participant in the Amazon Smile program.